Fernando Losada obtained the PhD degree in European Studies (Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset - Universidad Complutense de Madrid) with a thesis dealing with governance and democratic legitimacy in the EU context (awarded as Best thesis on Political Sciences and Sociology of 2009 by the Spanish Congress). As a researcher at the University of León, he was attached to two European-scale research projects ('RECON - Reconstituting Democracy in Europe' and 'Building European Union's Social Constituency'). He has studied Community Law at the Universidad San Pablo-CEU (Madrid) and Universidad Complutense (Madrid). Losada also holds a 'DESUP en Études juridiques, politiques et économiques de l’Union Européenne' from Université Paris I – Pantéon Sorbonne.
His research currently focuses on the constitutional and institutional implications of the economic crisis for the European Union. In addition to European governance issues and EU law and institutions, further research interests are the constitutionalisation of the EU, the development of EU administrative law and the free movement of capital regime.
- Teaching experience -
- European Integration After the Crisis: Project Seminar (course 2014-2015, together with Sabine Frerichs and Suvi Sankari)
- Economic and Monetary Union: Historical, Legal and Economic Approaches to the European Common Currency (spring 2014 and 2015, together with Klaus Tuori)
- Foundations of EU Law (autumn 2011, together with Massimo Fichera; autumn 2012, together with Samuli Miettinen; and autumn 2013, together with Katri Havu, Emilia Korkea-aho and Suvi Sankari)
- The relationship between national courts and the European Court of Justice (spring 2011, 2012 and 2013)
- Institutional consequences of diversity and coherence in the European Union (autumn 2010)
|Further information on the affiliation||Center of Excellence on Foundations of European Law and Polity Research|
Publication: Contribution to journal › B1 Unrefereed journal article
Publication: Contribution to journal › A1 Refereed journal article
Publication: Contribution to book/anthology › B2 Contribution to book/other compilations (non-refereed)
Activity: Conferences, workshops, courses, seminars › Organisation and participation in conferences, workshops, courses, seminars
01/01/2008 → 31/12/2013
Project: Research project